Outside The Bowl Global, the South African non-profit organization focused on combating childhood hunger, has its sights set on a “Christmas Miracle” through its latest food drive.
“This Christmas, you can be part of something truly transformative by giving the gift of love and nutrition. Help us ensure that every child has access to the nourishment they need to learn, grow, and thrive,” they urge.
The Paarl-based non-profit organization that supports communities, ECDs, NGOs, ministries, churches as well as existing soup kitchens across various South African communities with nutritionally balanced meals throughout the year is launching a special Christmas Drive.
This year, Outside The Bowl partnered with The Kolisi Foundation that serves the community in the Eastern Cape, while the organization is also feeding communities in Free State, Northern Cape, Lesotho and Kwazulu-Natal.
“For just R500, you can sponsor a VitaKidz Bucket that may provide a young child with up to 85% of their daily nutritional requirements for an entire school year. It’s an incredible gift that ensures a child doesn’t have to learn on an empty stomach, giving them the chance to thrive and succeed,” they said, adding that Section 18A certificates are available on request.
What makes this year’s Christmas Drive even more exciting is that every donation will have double the impact. Due to the kind generosity of loyal partnerships, they are offering a special promotion this holiday season – buy one VitaKidz Bucket, and they’ll provide another one for free! This means your R500 donation will have double the impact, making the season of giving even more magical.
“While we celebrate with our loved ones and exchange presents, let’s remember that some children wish for something far more essential,” says Africa CEO of Outside the Bowl Global, Mark Maingard.
Outside The Bowl’s mission is to help those vulnerable across local, national, and international communities.
Maingard encourages businesses and individuals to get involved in this.
“This Christmas let’s redefine the spirit of giving. For many children, the greatest gift isn’t found in a shiny package – it’s a nutritious meal that fuels their dreams and ambitions.”
“Our vision is a world where all children are physically and spiritually nourished. We aim to manufacture and provide 500 000 ambient nutritional meals per day (by 2025) to people across the globe.,” he said.
Outside the Bowl Global Links:
MORE ABOUT OUTSIDE THE BOWL:
- Mark Maingard and Marais Greyling had been working together for a few years. Mark had a dream to feed the hungry and Marais to train disadvantaged youth in hospitality.
- Combined with their many years in the catering, food and hospitality industry, they joined forces in 2016.
- Mark Maingard was ‘called’ to feed the hungry and Marais Greyling to train disadvantaged youth in hospitality. This was not by chance. It was an intervention and plan that was inevitable. Their journey began on 29 May 2016, starting with renovating and equipping a derelict facility in Paarl. On 29 July 2016, the first batch of 200 meals were delivered to Magda’s Soup Kitchen.
- The journey started with 2nd Harvest NPC in 2016, where after Mark met Jae Evans from OTB Global – their vision is a world in which people are physically and spiritually nourished. From this meeting, OTB Africa was born and 2nd Harvest became Outside the Bowl Africa.
- It became the company’s vision to feed 500 000 people daily, not only with a nutritional meal, but also spiritually, and for this reason, we have joined hands with the Community of Abundance.
- Outside The Bowl’s three food manufacturing facilities are located in Wellington, South Africa, serving ECD centres, crèches, soup kitchens, faith-based organisations, ministries, municipalities, government institutions and needy communities. These facilities and our partnerships with large food corporations enable us to procure essential food services at reasonable prices.
- In the past few years, they have distributed their products to various countries in Africa and the world and aim to reach many more. Outside The Bowl Africa is working towards building more kitchens in communities around Southern Africa, who need it most.