2 large butternut squashes
2 cups cooked lentils
1 onion chopped
1 bunch spinach, destalked and chopped
1 tsp Rajah curry powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup chopped coriander (optional)
Knorr Minestrone Soup
4 tbsp water
- Cut the butternut in half lengthwise; discard the seeds. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each half so it sits flat. Place cut side down in a baking dish; add 2cm of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 200°C for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pan. When the butternut halves are cool enough to handle, scoop out most of the pulp, leaving about a shell that’s about 1-cm thick.
- In a pan fry the onions, and when fragrant and soft add the curry powder. Stir in the cooked lentils, spinach and butternut pulp.
- Allow the spinach to cook, dissolve the soup powder in the water and once spinach is cooked stir in the dish and allow to thicken.
- Spoon the mixture into the butternut shells.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the butternut is tender.