Everyone everywhere is invited to fly with Cape Mental Health and keep #HopeOnTheRise at the virtual 26th Cape Town International Kite Festival from 10 to 31 October 2020.
Cape Mental Health’s annual flagship event is going virtual for its 26th edition, as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. The goal is to raise over R250, 000 to enable the hard-working non-profit organisation to continue providing essential mental health services and keep ‘hope on the rise’.
This year’s interactive event combines real-life kite-flying with online kite-making workshops, competitions and videos, and an online concert.
Join kiters all over the globe and fly your kite at the virtual 26th Cape Town International Kite Festival, anywhere and anytime between 10 and 31 October. Share your photos, videos and messages of hope, tagging #HopeOnTheRise and @CTKiteFest, and feature on the official CTKiteFest social feeds. You’ll also receive an official certificate of your participation in Africa’s oldest kite festival.
Your ticket gives access to all CTKiteFest competitions as well as quality online content including a variety of kite-making workshops. Learn how to create a simple diamond kite from everyday materials; a traditional bamboo and paper Cape Swaeltjie kite or an eye-catching feather banner. There’s also a colouring-in competition for the little ones and several short kiting films on the online platform as well as the #HopeOnTheRise Virtual Showcase on Saturday 24 October, featuring comedian Dalin Oliver, singer/songwriter Jarrad Ricketts and drag artist Manila von Teez who plan to combine music, dance and laughs for an evening of entertainment from the comfort of your own home.
Fantastic prizes are up for grabs. The virtual 26th Cape Town International Kite Festival promises to be an uplifting mix of fun, stress release and, most importantly, raising awareness and funds for Cape Mental Health.
For more information and to buy your #CTKiteFest ticket online go to www.capementalhealth.co.za/HopeOnTheRise.
For a recommended minimum donation of R50 per person, your CTKiteFest ticket includes:
- Kite-making workshops: including an easy-to-make diamond kite made with everyday items found at home; a traditional Cape Swaeljtie kite made with bamboo and kite paper; applique feather banners; miniature kites made from a coffee filter and various other workshops led by international kite-makers.
- Kite films and interviews: meet professional kite-makers and kite-flyers from around the world and find out why they fly in support of Cape Mental Health.
- Kite colouring-in competition: for children 6 years old and younger.
- Kite Creatives contest: bake, make, sew or grow a kite using absolutely anything. Let your imagination fly high and you may win a prize for innovation.
- The #HopeOnTheRise Virtual Showcase (7 pm, Saturday 24 October) with music, kites, laughter and dance. Singer/songwriter Jarrad Ricketts, comedian Dalin Oliver and drag artist Manila von Teez will be providing the laughs, dance moves and tunes to entertain you in the comfort of your home.
- Certificate of participation: an official certificate of participation in the virtual 26th Cape Town International Kite Festival will be issued to all ticket holders.
- Fly your kite to win: Join kiters all over the world and fly your kite at the virtual 26th Cape Town International Kite Festival then share your pics on social media, tagging #HopeOnTheRise and @CTKiteFest, to feature on the official CTKiteFest feeds and for a chance to win fantastic prizes.
What: the virtual 26th Cape Town International Kite Festival
When: 10 to 31 October 2020
Where: anywhere in the world
Why: raise R250, 000 for Cape Mental Health to fund essential free mental health services
Virtual platform: www.capementalhealth.co.za/HopeOnTheRise
Tickets: R50 per person (recommended minimum donation) available on www.capementalhealth.co.za/HopeOnTheRise (from 1 Oct)
Kite flying: everyone everywhere is invited to fly kites at CTKiteFest – whenever it suits between 10 and 31 October
Concert: #HopeOnTheRise Virtual Showcase – 7 pm, Saturday 24 October 2020, featuring comedian Dalin Oliver, singer/songwriter Jarrad Ricketts and drag artist Manila von Teez
WhatsApp: +27 67 321 9572
Telephone: 021 447 9040 (office hours)