● Published in the UK’s Daily Mail; Could this pill packed with ‘good bacteria’ really fight your flab? The tablet that might help you shed the pounds with no calorie-counting and no exercise
● First ever probiotic to offer proven weight loss, alongside acknowledged health benefits, signifying a new and exciting era for probiotic supplements
● New probiotic proven to be particularly beneficial for those over 45 years old looking to lose weight – women trying to shift the stubborn ‘muffin top’ and men looking to reduce their spare tyre.
● Impressive weight loss results achieved by simply taking a probiotic capsule alone; no changes to diet or exercise required
New research has shown that a new probiotic from ProVen Probiotics has significant and guaranteed weight management capabilities.
In the largest clinical study of its kind on the effect of probiotics on weight loss, (referred to as the ShapeLine Study), participants of all ages saw a reduction in their weight, waist circumference and BMI after taking one ProVen Probiotics ShapeLine capsule every day, for six months. The results are even more impressive as participants were not placed on a calorie-controlled diet and made no changes to lifestyle or exercise regimes, indicating that all of the weight reduction benefits were as a result of the probiotic.
Finally, to dismiss any likelihood that this was a ‘one-off’ finding, the researchers repeated the study with the same target group of people over 45 years of age and have found even more impressive results, with participants losing 3kg and 2cm off their waist after only 3 months – robust and compelling evidence for the effectiveness this product.
The first ever probiotic to offer weight loss benefits alongside acknowledged value to health, ShapeLine is being talked about in scientific circles as the world’s ‘most effective probiotic.
Healthy, maintained weight loss; the ShapeLine research results in detail
More than 70% of women and 39% of men are overweight or obese in South Africa. When people do lose weight, maintaining it presents a further challenge- more than half of the weight lost by an individual is regained within two years and more than three-quarters of weight lost is regained within five years.
In an era when it seems the majority of people are battling their weight in one way or another, the news that taking a daily probiotic can help achieve weight loss, as well as providing all other benefits of good bacteria, whilst requiring no other changes to lifestyle, will be welcome news to many people.
The two ShapeLine studies show:
● Weight loss of between 1.5kg and 3.2 kg
● Reduction in waist circumference of 1-2 cm
● Reduction in BMI by 1-4%
Interestingly, results were most significant for the following groups:
● People over 50: an average weight loss of 1-2kg and 2% reduction in BMI
● Those with a higher cholesterol: an average weight loss of 2kg
● Those over 50, with higher cholesterol: an average weight loss of over 3kg and a significant reduction in cholesterol levels
Statistical analysis of the research indicates that the weight changes, thanks to ShapeLine, are consistent and repeatable and the probiotic will also support those looking to prevent rebound weight gain, following weight loss.
ShapeLine is particularly beneficial for those who want to lose weight over a longer period of time, in a healthy and sustained way, without having to make any changes to either dietary intake or exercise patterns.
ShapeLine benefits not just limited to weight loss
Alongside impressive weight management results, the ShapeLine study also found that taking one probiotic capsule every day has impressive wellness benefits, which include:
● A massive 40% reduction in upper respiratory tract infections (coughs and colds)
● A 30% reduction in headaches
● Improved overall wellness
As a result of these benefits, the ShapeLine group felt better, had more energy and better mood than the group not taking ShapeLine.
And the people with high cholesterol found that ShapeLine significantly reduced the most dangerous type of LDL (or bad) cholesterol.
Dr. Nigel Plummer, Microbiologist and Founder of ProVen Probiotics also commented:
“The ShapeLine studies mark a truly pivotal moment for the entire probiotics industry. Never before has a probiotic been clinically proven to offer such a significant impact on weight loss, whilst also continuing to offer the multitude of benefits that we all expect from a probiotic capsule. And having a second trial that confirms the results of the first is so important in providing clear evidence of the benefits of this product – and also extremely rare.
“I’m delighted to be able to bring to the market such an innovative and exciting product which consumers will benefit greatly from. ShapeLine embodies the next generation of probiotics, raising the bar for all probiotic brands around the world.”
ShapeLine launch strengthens ProVen’s innovative global track record
The Lab4 bacteria used in the ProVen Probiotics range has the widest range of clinical benefits of any probiotic globally, showing a range of benefits from relief of IBS, to a reduction in allergy in babies, through to better performance in endurance athletes.
These two brand new landmark trials and the introduction of ShapeLine is the latest example of ProVen Probiotics breaking boundaries and offering consumers a probiotic with a marked difference.
The ProVen ShapeLine Probiotic is available at Clicks retailers nationwide, RRP R420 incl vat for a pack of 30 capsules. Prices subject to change.
Also, available for purchase on ProVen Probiotics SA’s online store: www.provenprobiotics.co.za